I'm starting to get a little excited to move back to the mainland. It makes me think of a blog post I wrote several months ago which you may read here. Who would have thought? Oh yeah, Heavenly Father "thought" and He has led me to this point in my life through both subtle thoughts and great hit-me-over-the-head instances. Over the last few weeks I've been thinking more and more about my choice to leave Hawaii. I keep asking myself, "how on Earth can I say goodbye?" or "how can I leave all of this sunshine?". Well today I started thinking about all of the things I'm looking forward to. I'm starting small and am just focusing on the Summertime and I'm easing into what will follow afterward.
So let's just talk about what I'm looking forward to this Summer:
Spending time with Grandma Jean at her house in one of my favorite places on Earth...ARIMO, IDAHO! Gram is THE best grandmother in the world. She makes everyone personal birthday cards and I just received mine last week with a little message. It was the one thing I was looking forward to receiving on my birthday and it was indeed very special. Her letter reminded me that I need to go home so I can spend more time with her while she is still here on Earth.
![]() |
| I love you G-Ma Jean! |
Speaking of Arimo Idaho, let's just take a moment to talk about how excited I am to be there this Summer. Who would have thought this little town would be sorely missed? The landscape is beautiful in it's own right but I think my missing it has to do with the people that live there.
I'm excited to wake up on a Summer morning and smell the country air (even if that includes cow manure!).
![]() |
| My backyard |
I want to drive down the old highway and see the mountains and sprinkler pipe on the fields.
I'm looking forward to eating watermelon on the 4th of July with my cousins. Somewhere in there I hope we have a weenie and mallow roast.
I plan to sit out on the lawn and talk to my mom while waiting for the sun to finally go down at 9PM.
Oh and let's not forget how I'll probably beg my baby sister Faith to play with me since I will have no other friends. They're all moved away and/or married with kids and I'm...not.
Again, I need to focus on the positives of this Summer. Oh and I'll be having a BYU-Hawaii reunion every chance I get with these peeps on our epic SUMMER 2012 Roadtrip/Grand Event (plans are still in the making) :
![]() |
| We're going to find Sister Chadderton in the Boise Idaho Mission! |
![]() |
| I'm down for some Hukilau Devotional: Utah Edition |









I love this post Irene! It made me miss you! It's been so long since I've seen you! I'm not even sure how long!
ReplyDeleteDarby! I know! I can't even remember the last time I saw you. It's been way too long!
ReplyDelete