John Mayer puts it nicely in this song
There's really no stopping. I guess I try not to worry about getting older but I am always amazed at how much I have to look back on in my life. Seriously...where does the time go? I suppose that's what comes with age: more years to look back on and more experiences to ponder. Sometimes I find myself just sitting and thinking. Even just waking up in the morning, I lie in bed for a while just pondering and thinking, of what I'm doing and what I'd like to do. I'm not very good at imagining things anymore and I think that comes from years of learning how NOT to build my hopes up for anything. I like to think that this only means I will be pleasantly surprised every day. But like I said, I do just like to think. Most times my thoughts go to songs I've heard recently or songs that have stuck with me for a long time (like the one above). I also like to think that this is because if I'm staying up on music then I'm also staying young. Of course, I've always said that it's a sign you are old when you turn on the radio and say, "They call this music? You can't understand anything and it sounds like crap!". Does that sound like someone's parents? Speaking of yelling at the radio in disgusted tones, I've also said that this is a sign that you have become your parents (which let's just face it, when that happens you know you're old because your parents are well...old).
So here's to age...inescapable and inevitable except through death.
May we never try to stop this train.
Lol honestly though, i hear songs these days and they are freakin retarded! .. so does that mean im old? Lol
ReplyDeleteMaybe we're not old...just wiser hahaha!! I wish!
ReplyDelete