Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Salt Lake Living

So I've been in Salt Lake City for about 2 years now. 

I know. 

I'm not really sure how that happened. But it did and it's been great. 

I have a job that I love. Everything I always wanted to be - I did it and now I'm here. I'm kind of wonder what I'm supposed to do now. Besides the whole "grown up with a job now I need to work for the rest of my life" part.
#startedfromthebottomnowwehere

My best friends live within a 2 hour drive. And by best friends, I mean my family and friends. And by family and friends, I mean my brothers and sisters, my college buddies and even some new friends that I'm making here in Utah. 

Speaking of new friends, I live in a neighborhood about 10 minutes away from downtown Salt Lake City but it's kind of like a small town. About 70% of the people in my singles ward all grew up and went to high school together. I kind of like that about this place. The only thing is, I'm not one of those people but I can totally relate. In the last 6 months I've met some new people and although that may not be a big deal to others, it's kind of a big deal for me. Especially since I'm kind of loving my "lone wolf" status lately. But I've been letting myself open up to people which is an interesting story of self-discovery. 
That's a whole other story for another time. 

About that "lone wolf" status...I've been living by myself (for the most part) for about a year and a half. My brother did live on my couch for two months at for the last two months, my sister has been staying with me. But I still enjoy my me time, when I can soak my feet in the living room, put avocado on my face and wear my underwear around the apartment. 
Lone wolf status is pretty sweet. 

That's pretty much my Utah life in a nutshell. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment