Let's talk about all the wonderful Christmas moments of 2011
- I could only hold out on listening to Christmas music until a few days before Thanksgiving. Let's all take a moment to thank Pandora for ending their monthly limit of music.
- Some of my favorite things to watch at Christmas time now include several SNL Christmas skits as well as this awesome bunch:
and this one...
- Walking through Wal~Mart was actually the closest I felt to being at home for the holiday season. Should I be concerned? It's just that it feels like I'm at Wal~Mart in Chubbuck, Idaho with my mom, getting ready for Christmas. Although the ones here have got NOTHING as far as Christmas candy. Thoroughly disappointed on that one.
- I tried my hand at some holiday baking and treat making. It doesn't look like much but I had fun.
- I then headed off to Christmas in Polynesia at the PCC. It's a canoe ride through the center that is all lit up for the holiday. I have to say though, those kids were definitely tired from all of the dancing! I think they were Christmas cheered out! But they seemed to be good sports about the whole thing. I made sure to call out to a couple of the kids I tutor.
- On Christmas Eve, I went to the beach with my dear friend Marcus. It was a pretty day but very windy therefore it was much too chilly to get into the water. These Hawaiian winters can be pretty rough.
- That evening I headed over to my Aunt and Uncle's house for their big family Christmas party. There were people and babies everywhere and it was the next thing that made me feel as if I were at home. I have to say my favorite part was when my uncle and aunt were introducing me (which I can't understand why since I've lived here 3 years but I guess there were those who didn't know who I was), little Royal who is 5 years old came running up to me and gave me a big hug and said, "I love Aunty Irene!" ~Tears!~
- Also, I got called up to sit on Santa's lap. I think it's pretty safe to say that I THINK I've only done that one other time in my life when I was very little. When he asked me if I'd been good this year, I told him yes and I have references if he wanted to check.
- That night I slept on their couch in front of the Christmas tree. That was a fun treat!
- Christmas presents were fun-I received more than I expected but I have to say my favorites were my new temple clothing (courtesy of Mom), getting to Skype my family (courtesy of Amy, Wyatt's girlfriend) and of course, speaking to my brother the missionary on the phone. I didn't think I'd be able to but Heavenly Father really does listen to our prayers and our righteous desires.
- Thank Heavenly Father for this wondrous time of year in which we celebrate our Savior's birth. Without the Atonement of our sins through Jesus Christ, there would be no reason to celebrate this special time of the year.

All this was Christmas??? Looks like you managed to have a lot of fun!!! See you soon :)
ReplyDelete