This weekend has been a pretty great. First of all, I went to a baby shower for my friend Cassandra (Faamuli) Fuimaono. I've known her since we were about 7 years old and now she is pregnant with her second child. There were four of us in that little group of Achievement Days girls and two out of two are married with 2(ish) kids. The other two of us are well...I'm not exactly sure what Angie is up to but as for me, here I am! It's always fun to reconnect with people from my childhood as there are not many others around me from when I was growing up in Samoa. It's nice to have that connection to Samoa and the time my family spent there. It's also great to see where we are today and where our lives are headed. It's exciting even though it's pretty uncertain.
That evening I attended a wedding reception for another person from back home in Samoa. Although I didn't really know Spencer Scanlan while growing up there, he and I have been able to work together with the Samoan Club here at BYU-Hawaii and have several connections. I must say that he and his wife Tialei were absolutely beautiful and the reception was wonderful! My favorite part about the whole reception was that I didn't really have those feelings of hopelessness when it comes to marriage. In fact, I even let myself feel a little sappy which I avoid at all costs. When it comes down to it, I've really let myself get hopeless and hurt when it comes to weddings and announcements and whatever else. But over the past few weeks I've been able to break through some of those feelings and to really look over my life and enjoy it. That doesn't mean that I've let go of those feelings of moving toward marriage but for now, Heavenly Father is providing some peace over the whole matter. That will get me through until whenever everything happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment